Yes, another Sqwam post...
THINGS I LEARNED AT SQUAM ART WORKSHOPS
- sometimes desperation leads us to do great things
- it's ok to ask for help
- asking for help does not make you weak
- there are many beautiful, loving souls in the world
- the art becomes secondary to the people you meet
- we are all more alike than different
- I am not worthless
- I am not alone
- I can paint on canvas
- I can talk to people without bursting into flames, melting or other such nonsense
- once I stop being so self-critical there is alot of room in my brain for other things
- I must push through fear and anxiety, not run away, to move forward
- next time I will bring gloves
- next time I will also pack my leggings and striped knee socks
- there will be a next time!!!
and sometimes you have to be impulsive, tear off your shoes and socks...
...and go jump in a lake!