Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Stencil me in...

I apologize in advance for the poor photo quality but lighting is poor today-nothing but rain for the second day in a row and a few more days of it to come. I think soon there will be a local news special about building your own ark.

What better thing to do on a rainy day than play. I tried out my new stencils that I bought from the wonderfully talented Jeane. They are awesome and lots of fun. This is the begining of a two page spread-not sure what comes next but the journaling will go in the area masked off by t he stencil. For the background I used pages from a 1940 edition of Gone With the Wind. It's kinda fun to read snippets through paint and ink. The stencils come in sets in a number of different shapes. Go check them out here and get some for yourself. a new 6"x6" stencil-I am loving the revival of all things peace signs and "hippie" style. Makes me remember the white go-go boots I had in first grade :)

and this...





No comments:

Post a Comment