Sunday, November 8, 2009

This, That and the Other or Not Much at All

Been doing a bunch of this and that this weekend. Spent yesterday going to rummage sales and thrift shops. I found some neat stuff and will show you as soon as I take some pictures. I really have to get better at the whole picture thing. My stories go so much better with pictures :)

Today I went shopping for fabric. I've been into the whole fabric/sewing lately. It comes and goes. I can be fickle when it comes to my medium of choice. Anyway,I have plans to make a few different things for Christmas presents. Plans, plans I say!!! Plans that I hope come to fruition because you know the best laid plans...and all.
I will even show you when I get things done. Yeah, maybe that will give me incentive-showing off...hmmmmm. These little books are so fun to make, almost addicting! I learned to make them in a class called "Swatches" taught by the wonderful Kelly Kilmer. They are good fun for those times you want to make something but not start a big project and not think too much :)

Tomorrow I will try to take more pictures of my art and my treasures from Saturday's shopping. In the meantime check out the cool new holiday decorations at Anthropologie. They have a certain hipster "craftiness" to them, if that makes sense to anyone other than me.

Hope you had a good weekend too!

Talk to you again soon:)

1 comment:

  1. Those Swatch books are *wicked* cool. *Wicked*
    Love them.

    Waving hi. Have fun at Anthro!!!

    ReplyDelete