Wednesday, November 25, 2009

More estate sale treasures

lovely ladies gloves-even came with the package. These made me remember wearing gloves to church on Easter Sunday as a child.

beautiful vintage linens-2 pillowcases and a large flat sheet. I am thinking about making a throw size quilt using vintage linens. They have such nice colors and a soft hand.

Don't you love these napkins? The clown's smile says "Happy Birthday". I could not resist this little child size toy baking set.

Vintage coloring books complete with colored pages, scribbles and a child's writing. Tammy book has paper dolls to cut out on the back cover and matches the cards I got that day.

Funky vintage fabric scraps-aren't those colors groovy? There are a few completed yo-yos and more cut out. The piece on the right is a little patchwork square. I just have to make it into something!

I have been helping my friend Susan get her studio ready to host classes with the ever so wonderful and talented Kelly Kilmer. I cannot wait until she arrives in December!!! Classes will my Christmas gift this year and I can't think of anything better. I must have been very good this year :)

I have been altering piles of photos. It is so much fun and I find that once I start doing them it is so easy to keep going! I will get pics of those up soon, I promise.
Another gray, rainy, chilly day here in New England. Winter is coming (brrrrrr)

If I don't get back to you before tomorrow-have a wonderful Thanksgiving Day. I'm going to be spending some time today thinking about all I have to be thankful for and how lucky I am to have people who love me (even when I am not sure why they do).

2 comments:

  1. LOVE your new blog photo, btw!!!

    Such awesome finds!!!!

    You are such a good friend to help Susan set up for me-THANK YOU!!!!!! If I can do anything, remember-lmk!!!

    Happy Happy HAPPY day!! and yes-we do love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a good friend. Your pictures are so cool. You did find some great stuff. I also can't wait to see pictures of you altered photos. I do appreciate all the help. We are going to have so much fun with Kelly.

    ReplyDelete