Thursday, November 12, 2009

Making new friends

Just a few sneak peeks at some works in progress. I have been lovin' felt lately :) This little friend doesn't have a name yet-maybe after he has a mouth he will tell me.





Please say hello to Miss Maybelle Carolina Harrington. She would like you to please excuse her disheveled state. She really is trying to pull herself together, really she is.


I have been having fun with felt and I find the hand stitching a very relaxing, almost meditative activity. But this all leads me to a question of sorts.

If I was a true artist wouldn't I stick to one type of media and work at just that to improve and refine my skill? Wouldn't I be a painter who only paints or an art journaler who only works in journals or a quilter who only sews? I keep thinking that that is what a "real artist" does-finds something they are good at and sticks to it.

So, since I keep hopping from one thing to another, where does that leave me?

Not really looking for an answer, just looking for my place in the world. I have been doing a lot of thinking about who I am, what I want, where I want to be...



1 comment:

  1. LOL I've yet to meet a true artist who doesn't dabble in other things at one time or another...True Artists are always exploring new things and keepin' their eyes open and stickin' their hands in multiple pots.

    It leaves you as a TRUE artist, chickaboom boom!

    I loveeeeeeeeee your stuffies. AHHHHHHHH. SO cute.

    ReplyDelete